Deploying efficient and effective infrastructures and solutions when limited resources are available is a challenging task and a key-enabler for the diffusion of ICT in developing countries. The aim of this conference is bringing together international researchers, students, public officers, policy makers and practitioners in ICT to discuss issues and trends, recent research, innovation advances and on-the-field experiences related to e-Governance, e-Infrastructure, and e-Business with a focus on developing countries.
AFRICOMM 2019 solicits high-quality papers reporting research results and/or experimental results on e-Infrastructures and e-Services for developing countries. Submissions will be judged on their originality, significance, clarity, relevance, and technical correctness.
We seek novel, innovative, and exciting work in areas including but not limited to:
- Cloud computing, network function virtualization (NFV) in the context of developing countries
- Design and analysis of protocols and architecture for developing countries
- Energy-aware ICT infrastructure
- Existing/emerging wireless broadband access technologies, WiMAX, LTE.
- ICT security issues in developing countries
- Overlay networks (such as p2p, bittorent, etc) in developing countries
- Self-managed deployment, operation, maintenance
- Affordable and relevant mobile technologies and solutions
- Innovative Blockchain appliances for developing countries
- ICT infrastructures for critical environmental conditions
- ICT infrastructures based on alternative energies
- Applications and business models in such environments, etc
- Ubiquitous networks and environments
- Smart cities
- Social Networks and e-Government
- Emergency and Disaster Management
All registered papers will be published by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
AFRICOMM proceedings are indexed in leading indexing services, including Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
If you are interested in having a special issue in Mobile Networks and Applications – MONET, Wireless Networks – WINET or Springer/EAI Book Series contact EAI Publication Coordinator Eliska Vlckova at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version to:
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
Additional publication opportunities:
- EAI Transactions Series (Open Access)
- EAI/Springer Innovations in Communications and Computing Book Series